Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Don't forget your brolly

I've lived in London over a year and I still haven't learned one of the golden rules of living in London: never leave home without your brolly.
(Brollie = umbrella. Londoners love to "-y" lots of words. Some of my faves: breky = breakfast, telly = television, footy = football/soccer)
So I got up in a rainstorm on my way out of work. Not great weather for stopping to capture a piece of my day. The type of weather that made me want to curl up on the couch, put on a 'spot of tea' and break out a good book. Here's what I'm reading...from the author that wrote probably one of my favorite books of all time that I only recently discovered, The Alchemist.
The kettle is whistling...Cheerio :)

1 comment:

  1. I got a Kindle for Christmas and I'll have to download The Alchemist next!
    It was great to see you too my dear!!

    ReplyDelete