Saturday, January 14, 2012

A good end to the week

Thursday night I went to the London Prepares series where we watched gymnasts competing to qualify for the Olympics. It was pretty amazing - my favorites being the guys on the rings and the girls on the uneven bars.

Last night I went out for "one drink" with my friend after work. Of course that never happens. We went for drinks by the office and ended up having more than one and dinner. He and I are both ex-pats/Boston transplants and became friends when we got to London. Just having someone to relate to when you are solo in a new city is incredibly helpful - you feel supported knowing someone else is in the same boat and inevitably grew close. And while the first two hours all we did was talk shop, the conversation at one point led to friendships, the value of true friends and being away from your best friends.

It is not news to me, but the conversation just reminded me how incredibly lucky I am in that respect.

So I took a picture of our building on the way out of the restaurant and told him about my pic of the day project. State Street allowed he and I this amazing opportunity to live in London; it also brought me some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment