Monday, February 13, 2012

Feline-ism

I think cat owners are automatically and unfairly judged. I am so conscious of this that when I pick up my kitty litter from my local store - even though it comes with a handle and I am capable of carrying it just as it is - I always ask for a bag. I might even walk quickly so that nobody can read through the plastic.

Fact is, a single woman with a cat sets off the pity signal. (The signal is even louder with two!) The ole picture of an old lady covered in cat hair, talking to her cats and herself all day, setting a place for them at the dinner table and sending out Christmas cards of them with a little red bow and bells around the collar. This is just not fair - not every cat owner is destined to that future. I mean, there is no negative image that comes to mind when you think of a dog owner. Dog owners are just cool apparently.

I'm not a dog hater - in fact I love animals in general. It's just that cats are lower maintenance. With a dog, I couldn't just set off to Paris for a long weekend without having to get a walker/sitter. With the cats, I just leave enough food and water and make sure all of my hair elastics are hidden. They are absolute low maintenance and love me unconditionally. Now, find me a man that fits that description.

So, with that - I leave you with a video of Taylor chasing snow from the window. I saw my first snowfall in London last Thursday. This certainly isn't a display of intellect, but how cute is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment