Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Three for one

This weekend was all about 3-for-1. Three pairs of shoes for the price of one and three nights out that led to one rough Monday.

Friday night I went out with two girlfriends. Sophie, on the left is a Brit and giggles every time I say girlfriend thinking that means I'm a lesbian. Julia is an American, Harvard grad and has been here for about 6 years. We went out to a place called Kensington Roof Gardens...which is apparently beautiful in the summer when you can actually enjoy the gardens from the rooftop. In the winter, however, it is filled with 18 year old Middle Eastern kids who have their daddy's credit card for the night. Yikes! We left there quickly and found a classier place to settle in for the evening...


Saturday started as a shopping trip for my Saturday night out (yet another fancy dress party) and low and behold...there I was walking by a shoe store with a gigantic 70% off sign in the window. Now, prices in London are a bit outrageous...but they do have amazing sales. I couldn't resist such a deal. Thanks Mom, for the willpower - I learned it from watching you.


This weekend the pubs filled with rugby fans watching the big Six Nations tournament. Without fail, however, no matter which weekend - if you get out of your flat before noon you will experience a different London. It's as if everyone in London parties into the wee hours on Saturday night and need to sleep it off for most of the day on Sunday. The roads are empty. This is my street - I would never be able to cross outside of the designated "zebra" (pronounced like the name Debra, not zee-bra) crossing on any other day without risking my life. I love Sunday mornings. (Except when I'm one with the Brits partying into the wee hours on Saturday night.)


No comments:

Post a Comment