Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time flies...

Where does the time go? I swear it was just January and now look it - we're almost to March. I think time speeds up as we get older. When I was 15 it seemed like it took 7 years for me to turn 16 so that I could go to driver's ed. The time just went so much slower. Was that because I was so desperate for the time to speed up so that we could get our license, go to college, or get to the last day of school? Dunno. But nowadays I am trying to put the brakes on time and it doesn't seem to be working. So...last week flew by and I've got a few pics to show you.

Meet Tony - my favorite doorman of my building who is so chatty and friendly. He once told me you could bounce a quarter off his bum. Yes, a bit weird and potentially creepy. To be fair - in context, he was telling me about tai chi and how it keeps him strong. Apparently keeps his bum nice and firm too. I did not do the quarter test.

Saturday brunch with some friends that were pre-gaming before a Chelsea football match. An observation: I think Boston should take a page out of Chelsea's book when it comes to Red Sox games in particular. Chelsea does not let any "away" fans in the pubs. At first I thought this was a pride thing - the pubs not wanting the opponents drinking their beer. But it is actually pretty smart and more obvious than that - they don't want any fights! Hmmm...no Yanks fans allowed in the Cask N Flagon? Sounds smart to me.


Sunday morning in my favorite coffee shop in my old Notting Hill neighborhood. Not the best pic, but being here made me miss my old hood a bit. This might be the best coffee shop in the world. At any time of day, it is pumping Abba, Aretha Franklin or the Beatles - upbeat, amazing oldies/classics. The girls that work there are all of some eastern European decent - very efficient and sweet. The coffee is delicious and the big, brown leather couches tempt you to stay there for hours. Kitchen & Pantry - also where you would find my Uncle every morning for coffee and a muffin when he was visiting :)


Just this weird window display I walk by every day from the tube to my flat. Scares the bejesus out of me every single time.















Look Mum, No Hands! Cute name for a bicycle shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment